The Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation is a non-profit organization. Total ski team dues do not cover ski team expenses during the year. To make up this shortfall we rely heavily on contributions as well as income from our events and other fund raising programs. We rely on community support!
What are the fundraisers for the Sugar Bowl Ski Team Foundation?
- The Village Ball (A Sugar Bowl homeowner event) - December 2012
- The Silver Belt Auction/Dinner and Race - February 16 and 17, 2012
- The Annual Fund is our main fundraising program and the drive will take place January through March of 2013. You are welcome to give in 2012 if you would like the tax credit in that year. You can expect a call again this season from a fellow team member asking for your contribution. We hope to get 100% participation this season – donations of any amount are greatly appreciated! We always welcome direct contributions. We accept checks, cash, visa or mastercard, and stock donations.
- Gol Medal Council - Major supporters enjoy a one-of-kind benefit package for the whole family while helping our kids shoot for the stars!
- Why not donate your used automobile? Depending upon your tax bracket, an auto donation valued at $10,000 results in an actual out-of-pocket donation of $6500 (as a result of the tax credit). Any automobile with at least a $2500 trade-in value would be most appreciated. Contact: email@example.com.
- We have a variety of sponsorship packages available. This is an excellent opportunity for companies to promote themselves to Ski Team members as well as Sugar Bowl skiers. Contact Kim Hubner firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do my ski team dues help pay for scholarships?
No. All scholarships are funded through grants and fund-raising programs.
How is the Ski Team funded?
All programs operate at a deficit. This deficit increases for our more advanced programs, but each program is critical to the success of the entire Foundation. The foundation raises funds to cover the gap between income and expenses.
How is the Academy funded?
Like the Ski Team, the Academy requires outside financial support. Like most independent schools, fund-raising is an essential aspect of school success and viability.
Do my dues ski team help support the academy?
No. Ski team dues only support ski team programs.
How can I make a financial donation?
We gladly accept donations via cash, check, credit card and can also accept stock donations. Donate on-line at justgive.org.
Can I get a Donation Receipt for tax purposes?
The SBST Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit corporation. Donations are deductible to the full extent allowable by law.